Discover more from Volatile Weekly
Interview: Blitz Union
[gallery type="slideshow" link="none" size="full" ids="122354,122355"]
1.What got you into music, and if you had not gotten into music what would you be doing today? I love music in general since I was a little kid. Always wanted to be a performer. Therefore, when I was like 15 years old and there was a chance to become a singer (even though I totally did not know how to sing) in a local band with couple of friends, I did not hesitate for a minute. Since then I haven’t left the “world of music” for a single year, maybe even a month. However, I was never able to make enough money to be able to do just music. So in addition to music, there are plenty of other activities which I am trying to follow…
2.What do you like to do when you're not playing music and how does that influence your creativity? I try to spend some time with my family, friends or do some walks in the nature. In general, I try to clear my mind as much as I can. You have to create some space for new fresh ideas, otherwise you keep running in vicious cycle of some recycled thoughts.
3.How long has your band been around? Blitz Union has been officially launched in 2019 when we released our first music video “Revolution”
4.Where are you based out of and how did that influence your music? Blitz Union is based in Prague, Czech Republic. Prague is a city of great history & culture and so its vibe, stories, secrets can be felt on almost every “corner”. It definitely influences our music, the specific sounds we use…
5.How did you come up with the name of your band and what does it mean to you? The second part of the name ‘Union’ speaks for itself. Besides doing music— we are trying to create an experience, a movement and a natural union. A group of like-minded people who care about the whole, who care about life in general and do not focus exclusively on their personal profit. When it comes to the first part of the name 'Blitz' - I am sorry, but we are not ready to reveal the whole story-origin of this word yet. But we are already working on a suitable form how to present it to the world. Stay tuned!
6.Tell me about the best and worst shows you have played. Luckily, we haven’t experienced any bad show with Blitz Union (yet?). So far so good, we extremely enjoyed this summer for example. We were on an open-air tour throughout the Czech Republic alongside the local popular band Škwor as guests. Each show had an awesome, unique atmosphere and we successfully recruited a lot of new followers of our Union there. So even though the pandemic restrictions are on place, this summer rocked for Blitz Union when it comes to live shows!
7. Tell me about your favorite venue to play at, and do you have any places you want to play that you haven't already? We had a really great time in “Westand Kultur - und Eventzentrum”, Braunschweig (Germany), where we had a chance to play two nights in a row as a support for the legendary rock band Oomph!. The venue and the overall service there was just magnificent. Great sound, great staff, great audience!
8. If you could play any show with any lineup who would be on the ticket? We would like to do a festival one day, which would consist of some of the greatest rock bands, but also some of the best EDM DJs, artists. So for example, there would be a show of the band ‘Korn’ and right after ‘Deadmau5’ would rock the stage.
9. What is some advice that you would give to someone who is just getting into playing in a band? Perhaps, just if your main goal is to make lots of money, starting a band is like the worst business you could start :D But if you love doing music just keep going and over the time, you’ll see the results.
10. If you could go back in time and give yourselves advice, what would it be? It might sound like a cliche, but I wouldn’t give myself any advice. If I look back what we went through, everything had its sense in the overall story...Ok, maybe I would just advise myself “practice a bit more” :D
11. Of your songs which one means the most to you and why? That would be probably our upcoming single, which is called ‘Human Robot’. It describes the ‘corporate’ life/job in which I was for past years. I think many people will see themselves in it too
12. Which songs are your favorite to play and which get requested the most? I personally love to perform the song “Deleted”. We play it as the last song of our set and our guitarist Shodushi always drops his guitar and go full force on vocals only. So the energy is quite tense and people usually seems to feel it the same as we do.
13. What is the creative process for the band, and what inspires you to write your music? I usually bring some topic, lyric ideas with a very simple instrumental. If everybody feels it the same, the music is then formed by all, by a common ‘alchemy’. The source of my inspiration is again a part of the overall Blitz Union story, which we are not ready to reveal yet. if you follow our social site regularly, you will get some answers soon.
14. What kinds of messages do you like to get across in your music? In general, we try to highlight alarming issues that humanity faces in today’s world along with a sense of urgency, whilst providing hope and inspiration.
15. Do you ever have disagreements in your band, and how do you get past them? I would say that we have such healthy disagreements when we try to evaluate the best possible solutions not only in terms of music. So far, we have always reached a common point without any aggravated situations. We trust each other.
16. What are your plans for the future, and do you have anything that you want to spotlight that's coming up? Our current priority is to finish our debut album, videos and also to work on a suitable form of presentation of our story and the standards of our Union. The hot news is the release of our new single 'Human Robot', which will be online on December 4th. So we would like to invite you all to share this event with us this way!