Interview with Apparition 10:01
Where are you based out of and how did that influence your music?
- We are based out of Denver, CO. Our location has had zero impact on the genre/style of music we make.
How did you come up with the name of your band and what does it mean to you?
- Well, we have myself, Spooky, and apparition is just a cooler word for describing a ghost. The number 1001 means something to our drummer (Jimmy), perhaps we will never know. Combined the two of us are Apparition 10:01.
Tell me about your most memorable shows.
- Our most memorable shows occurred in the past, with our previous band Against Himself. We played alongside some amazing well known artists, such as Sevendust, Soilwork, Fear Factory, Avatar, OTEP, and Hollywood Undead to name a few.
What is your favorite venue to play at, and do you have any places you want to play that you have not already?
- We have played at many cool venues across the United States. A notable one would be the legendary Whiskey a Go Go in Hollywood, CA. Everyone dreams of playing Red Rocks, am I right?
If you could play any show with any lineup, who would be on the ticket?
- This would be a strange mashup of artists, but Lamb of God, Avenged Sevenfold, Blink 182, The Offspring, and so many more!
What is some advice that you would give to someone who is just getting into playing in a band and some advice that you would give to your younger self?
- Practice your ass off and don’t waste time chasing women! They will eventually come to you.
Of your songs which one means the most to you and why?
- This is hard to answer, since some of our best work has not been released yet! We’ve only just begun less than 2 months ago! We’re proud of all of our material, but the songs will keep getting better with each release (hint, hint).
Which songs are your favorite to play and which get requested the most?
- Our latest release ‘The C0nqueror’ is super fun to play! The riffs don’t stop, very flashy!
Do you ever have disagreements in your band, and how do you get past them?
- Sure, as any group does. Overall, we get along great and have very similar taste, so disagreements are truly never an issue. We make the music that we want to make.
What are your plans for the future, and do you have anything that you want to spotlight that is coming up?
- We plan to continue writing and releasing music. We have a handful fully produced and ready to release! You’ll have to follow us on your preferred streaming/social media platforms so you don’t miss a beat! Check out the music videos for our first 2 releases on our YouTube channel!