Discover more from Volatile Weekly
Interview with XL Syndicate
1. Tell me about your band and what does it mean to you?
We would not call XL Syndicate a band; it's a collective of producers, DJs and creators brought together by our shared passion for music. Our music is a fusion of genres that challenges conventions and pushes boundaries. To us, XL Syndicate represents the freedom to explore and create without limitations. It's about connecting with our audience through the universal language of music.
2. Tell me about your most memorable shows.
We purposely have not performed as a group live yet. We wanted our music to speak for itself and generate interest before doing shows so we have a catalog of music people could gravitate to and enjoy that would take interest in future shows.
3. What is your favorite venue to play at, and do you have any places you want to play that you have not already?
As for future venues, we'd love to perform at Veld, Coachella, Tomorrowland, Ultra Japan to name a few, taking our music to new heights and reaching even broader audiences.
4. If you could play any show with any lineup, who would be on the ticket?
An ideal lineup for us would include artists like Jayz, Travis Scott, Rihanna, Burna boy, Bad Bunny, Rosalia, Kaytranada, Dave & Central Cee to name a few. Collaborating with them on stage would be amazing, and would be a genre-defying concert experience.
5. What is some advice that you would give to someone who is just getting into playing in a band and some advice that you would give to your younger selves?
To new musicians: Stay true to your unique sound, be persistent, and embrace collaboration. Don't be afraid to experiment and evolve.
To our younger selves: Trust the creative journey; every challenge is an opportunity to grow. And remember, success is not defined by charts but by the impact you have on people's lives.
6. If you could go back in time and give yourselves advice, what would it be?
It would be to trust our instincts even more, to never compromise our artistic vision, and to savor every moment of the creative process.
7. Of your songs, which one means the most to you and why?
"Lights Go Down" holds a special place. It represents a turning point in our journey, blending various genres into a danceable, energetic track. It's a reflection of our growth as artists and our commitment to creating music that brings joy and freedom to our listeners.
8. Which songs are your favorite to play, and which get requested the most?
“Long Way" and “History” as These tracks have a unique energy that translates incredibly well. "Lights Go Down" is often the most requested song as it is currently on the radio, and really makes people want to dance.
9. What is the creative process for the band, and what inspires you to write your music?
Our creative process is all about collaboration. We draw inspiration from our diverse musical backgrounds and the world around us. It could be a fleeting emotion, a cinematic experience, or a conversation with a friend. We bring these elements together, experiment, and let the music evolve organically.
10. What kinds of messages do you like to get across in your music?
Our music is about liberation, unity, and self-expression. We want our listeners to feel free, to dance, to be themselves without inhibitions. We also touch on themes of connection, love, and the human experience.
11. Do you ever have disagreements in your band, and how do you get past them?
Of course, creative differences are natural. We address them by being open and respecting each other's perspectives. It's all part of the collaborative process, and in the end, it leads to richer, more diverse music.
12. What are your plans for the future, and do you have anything that you want to spotlight that is coming up?
We have exciting plans on the horizon. Our EP “Starfall Sonata” will be out later this fall along with our next Single “Fantasy” featuring some amazing artists from Canada. It's a new way for us to connect with our fans and explore the boundaries of creativity.
13. How can your fans best keep up to date with you, any socials you want people to check out?
Stay connected with us on Spotify or on Instagram where we share updates, behind-the-scenes glimpses, and exclusive content. Our website https://www.xlsyndicate.com/ is also a hub for news and releases. We love hearing from our fans and engaging with them on our creative journey.