Discover more from Volatile Weekly
[gallery type="slideshow" link="none" size="full" ids="131559"]
Hi Saahas! It is great to have you here today!
Pleasure to be here!
You have an EP out! Can you tell us a bit about the inspiration behind the project?
Yes, it's called The Grays. It was released a month ago and it's been doing the rounds. It's a culmination of thoughts, feelings and ideas that I've been working on for a few years. After going through an emotionally transformative phase last year, I deeply understood the rigidity that we place on ourselves with "good" and "bad". But humanity and empathy is found in between the blacks and whites - The Grays. And that's why it's called The Grays.
When do you feel most creative?
While listening to good music and great songwriters. After a walk too, or after watching an inspiring movie.
What is a dream project that you aspire to accomplish
The dream project is to write my own musical complete with different acts and scenes. I have started working on it, but will require a good amount of time to finish it. Seems like it's going to be a big one.
If you could have dinner with one artist, past or present, and you could discuss all things music with them, who would it be?
John Mayer, hands down.
Do you have a favorite song you wish you had written?
So many! Edge of Desire by John Mayer, Lay Me Down by Sam Smith
How do you keep balance between artist life and normal life?
It's a struggle. I don't think I do it too well. I get too caught up in whatever it is that I'm doing - artistically or normally. I'm trying to find better balance though.
What has been the most surreal moment of your career so far?
Being named a top singer-songwriter in India, or playing on an unfinished building on a really busy street in India. We were stopped by the cops three times because we were causing traffic jams.
What are you looking forward to in 2021?
The next album! It's called 'I Know You're Watching' and I'm working with some of my favorite songwriters and musicians. There are some ideas that we're going to bring to life that have been keeping me up in excitement over the last month!
Do you have any projects coming up we should be on the lookout for?
A bunch of projects actually :
- I begin working on my next full length album with some producers and musicians I’ve always wanted to work with. We start writing and arranging in May and then move onto recording. The album is called ‘I Know You’re Watching’ and is scheduled to be released in January 2022.
- We are also planning to work on a second full length album for 2023 that will be released in early 2024.
- My friend and virtuoso guitar player Azuri Moon and I are going to be working on an album together in 2022 and I'm super excited about it.
- I’m working on singing on the score of a couple of short films with a music composer in 2022 and 2023. I'm going to be singing on a few songs and in the movie.
- Through my time in LA, I’ve been mentored by songwriter and producer Marlin Bonds. We have some projects that we will be working together on in 2021.
- I am on the judging panel of Gigital India’s Nationwide singer-songwriter contest (in India) happening in May 2021 and that’s super exciting for me as a fan of the art of songwriting.
- One of my main goals is to play live gigs again and we’re carefully monitoring the situation to see when it will be safe to get the act on the road and play for people. Things are looking up for now - I have performances lined up in a few cities in California in July and later in Nashville.
Fingers crossed that the situation keeps improving and that everyone plays their part in helping life return back to normal. If it is, I’ll be touring the US and India in 2022.
Please let everyone know where to find you!
Thank you for taking time to speak with me today! Thank you for having me!